Nov 28, 2012
Since all the major retailers are telling us what to buy for the Haaallllidayzzz, and giving us all kinds of crappy ideas for things we don’t really need…I figured I’d put my recommendation (which isn’t crappy) into the mix.
Ladies and gentlemen…
Wait! Wait! let me rephrase…
Ladies and the people who buy for them…
May I present the Makita BCL180W!!!
Now you might be thinking, “Really? a vacuum? for Christmas?”
Let me just counter that with, “No, really…a vacuum…for Christmas.” (See how easy that was?)
I got mine 2 Christmases ago and still use it multiple times a day. If you have hardwood floors, it’s amazing! It’s seriously the best practical gift I’ve ever been given.
I haven’t actually done this yet, but every time we leave the house to go on a trip I consider packing it to take along, that’s how much it’s a part of my life. I’ve even thought, as I’m happily vacuuming along, “I’d like to be buried with this here vacuum.”
Why I love this Makita Vacuum
- It recharges quickly. I just disconnect that black battery and slide it onto the teal battery charger thing, and it’s done in maybe 15 minutes, max (just enough time to clear the dishes, load the dishwasher, and deal with the leftovers).
- It holds a charge for awhile. I probably charge mine every couple days (more if I’m using it more heavily).
- Great swivel action. (And we all want a little swivel in our lives, ifyouknowhatImean).
- You can take that long part off and use it as a dust buster thingy. Or attach the pointed part for corners or couch cushions. Basically all the parts are interchangeable for whatever your vacuuming needs may be!
- The filter thing on the inside is washable, so therefore, reusable. BOOM!
- This thing is a Makita power tool, so it’s really tough. I think they market it for construction dudes, but I think it’s a miracle product for moms.
And if I didn’t convince you, let the good folks at Makita try (**SPOILER ALERT!** Rad metal music and awesome feats of vacuuming strength to follow!)
This vacuum sucks in all the right ways. (I’ve been waiting to use that line for the whole post! I know, total dork.)
(Now for the fine print: Makita has no idea who I am or that I’m insanely happy about this product. They have offered me absolutely no compensation for this post. So you might be wondering, “Why are you doing this, Molly?” Basically, I’m just a woman who can’t help recommending awesome things to her friends. I hope you get one for Christmas!!!)