Aug 16, 2011
We’ve been home from Pennsylvania for just over a week or so, and life has been insane.
Here’s a little info on my life:
- Trying to get Morrow (almost 3) potty-trained. Now some of you might think, “He’s a boy! Don’t even worry about it til after they’re 3.” I totally get that, but little man can go to preschool this fall if he’s potty-trained! Mama would LOVE 2 mornings a week with just the twins!
- Had our roof redone last week. We were very thankful for insurance paying for the roof that was damaged last fall in a wicked windstorm, but the subcontractors didn’t do a good job and now we’re trying to figure out how to get that fixed. Such a headache. So if they have to do it all over again, then we have week #2 of pounding and therefore, jacked-up naps for the little ones.
- Cadence had a bout of Roseola this past week. She was so sick, poor baby! She didn’t want to be held, she didn’t want to be put down, she just didn’t want anything, but yet she wanted everything at the same time. I’m exhausted.
- I have more paperwork than the president, I think. Back-to-school paperwork, insurance paperwork, other medical paperwork, car recalls… garrrr!!!
Okay, vent is over. Thanks for letting me do that. I feel better now.
In other news:
- We had car trouble when we were in Denver that resulted in a $280 repair bill. Welp, when I went to have the other recalled thingy done, they told me that the part we had repaired in Denver was recalled and so we could be refunded for that work! YAY!
- The weather in Minneapolis has been super dreamy–nothing higher than 85 since we’ve been back and then down into the 60s at night. GLORY HALLELUJAH!
- Morrow’s kinda getting the potty thing, by the way. Not 100%, but improving steadily.
- We have a wedding this weekend! Our dear friend Bethany is marrying her Jon, and we couldn’t be happier! So happy, in fact, that Morrow will bear the rings and I will sing! HOORAY!
Okay, gotta run. Naptime’s over!