Mar 14, 2011
Last week our church had a little Film Fest. What’s a Film Fest you ask? Well, let me tell you!
- We signed up in teams to make a 3-6 minute film.
- We had two weeks to do it.
These were our parameters:
- We were assigned a genre (the possibilities were action/adventure, comedy, music video, sci-fi, and mockumentary).
- All the teams had to use the same specified prop (this year it was a hula hoop).
- All the teams had to use the same specific line of dialogue somewhere in the film (“It’s like taking a drink from a fire hose.”).
Then, after the deadline, an “academy” of people watches them and decides on winners for awards. There’s an awards ceremony at the church where they show all of the films on the big screen in the sanctuary, with popcorn & pop. People dress in their old prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, suits, and even their wacky costumes.
Everyone walks the red carpet and gets interviewed by the Hoperazzi (our in-house version of paparazzi). It’s a total blast!
We had so much fun doing this, we might be hooked. Though it took a lot of time, it was a really fun thing to do as a family and group of friends!
Working very diligently for two weeks, this is the action/adventure movie our group came up with! (*NOTE: At 2:09 the audio cuts out for a couple seconds and I can’t figure out why.*)
Our team won for “Best Editing” thanks to the amazing Abraham, and for “Most Dramatic Moment.” Can you guess which one?
Hope you enjoyed watching it! We were pretty proud of how it turned out!