Oct 8, 2010
I came across a post this week that explains how to make your own dishwasher detergent. It’s a pretty simple mixture.
I might try this for a couple reasons:
- I hate buying dishwasher detergent.
- I don’t get out much anymore, so this might last longer.
I have my hesitations for a couple reasons:
- I don’t want to put money and time into making it if it’s not going to work well.
- I’ve never used powdered dishwasher detergent (always liquid).
So, what do you think? I figure Friday’s a good day to post something like this, since you might be out on errands this weekend and decide to pick up the materials, and it’ll be fresh in your mind. So, I ask you:
- Have any of you ever tried this? or something similar?
- Have you had good results with this kind of concoction?
- Do you plan to give it a try?
I’m thinking about doing it. If I do, I’ll try to remember to let you know how I like it! The one trick she talks about that I definitely intend to try is using white vinegar for a rinse agent instead of the chemical one.
Happy weekend, all! It’s supposed to be a fantastically gorgeous weekend here in Minneapolis. I hope it’s lovely where you are as well.