Jul 21, 2010
I thought I’d fill you all in on what’s been movin’ and shakin’ with these babies!
I had another ultrasound on Monday morning and have some good things to share:
- Both babies were head-down! That means I should be able to have a normal delivery. That would be incredible, so please pray that they both stay head down. They said there’s still a chance that they could flip, but it’s kind of unlikely.
- Baby A was estimated at 5 pounds, 9 ounces and Baby B was estimated at 6 pounds, 5 ounces. They said that the ultrasound measurements can be off by a pound or more, so I have to hold that pretty loosely. But even if they’re off by a whole pound, the babies are growing well! This also means that I potentially already have over 11 pounds of baby right now.
- Both babies are moving well and their heart rates are very good.
I wish I had a couple pictures for this post, but the babies are growing so big that getting decent pictures of their faces is more and more difficult! It’s just a jumble of baby parts in there.
Update on Mom:
- My blood pressure is good.
- I’m not too terribly swollen.
- It’s excruciating to roll over at night and get up to go to the bathroom. It’s like my muscles just give up. At the worst times I have to wake Abraham to escort me to make sure I don’t fall.
- I’ve been having some help with the boys 2 mornings a week at home from a mother’s helper. She’s an 11-year-old friend of the family and she’s doing AMAZING! And one other morning a week, my friend from church takes the boys to her house for the morning. Having 3 of 5 days covered is helping a ton.
- I’m really sick of cheese sticks and granola bars.
- We’re still planning an induction for August 2, when I’ll be 36.5 weeks along. Due to the unexplained, full-term death in my history, my doctor feels this is the best course of action (and I trust her very much). When weighing near-term prematurity against full-term death, I feel very happy with our decision to go ahead and have them a little early. I know some of you won’t agree, but that’s where I feel at peace for the health and safety of my two babies.
- It’s possible that my body could decide it’s time before 36.5 weeks. They say that 50% of twins come by 35 weeks. I’m praying that everyone stays healthy and happy inside until August 2, though.
- Moving around is exhausting. We have very little on our calendar right now. I suppose that’s just preparing us for how little we’ll be able to do once they come!
- I think we’ve settled on both of their names! We’ve had the girl name for quite some time, but boy names were killing us! It feels good to have that mostly settled. A little suspense for ya!
Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement! We are so thankful for the support!