May 25, 2010
A few weeks ago I posted about how I was feeling like I had a lot of stuff to do before twins can arrive in my home. I called it “The Twin-Time Time Crunch.” Well have some updates for you to rejoice with me over!
I told you that we needed to:
- Buy a mini-van: CHECK! Two weeks ago we became the proud owners of a Toyota Sienna! It’s perfect for what we were looking for, and it came at the exact right price. We couldn’t be happier about it! And I’m just glad to have it DONE!
- Get stuff: CHECK! Last week we still needed crib mattresses, a double stroller, crib bedding, and diapers. Well, God seriously provided for those things (and sooo much more) at the baby shower this past weekend. I was blown away: 2 crib mattresses, a gift card for the double stroller (it’s currently sold out at Babies R Us), and TONS of diapers! Also, my friend Carol & I started sewing the crib sheets last Friday, and as her shower gift to me, she’s going to finish them–Alleluia! Oh, aaand I got my double nursing pillow last week too. That thing is like a stinkin’ SHIP it’s so huge!
- Get a bunk bed for the boys’ room: CHECK! Our beautiful new bunk bed came last week! Phil Carlson built it, and it’s amazing (which is pretty typical of all things Phil builds). Orison is now a very eager top-bunk dweller, and Morrow LOVES to run into the room yelling, “Big bed!” He hasn’t slept in there yet, though, because…
- Transition Morrow & Orison to the same room: Not yet. Haven’t done that yet, the main reason being that Morrow sleeps so well that I don’t want Orison waking him up early!
- Set up the cribs and decorate the girls’ room: HALF CHECK! The cribs are assembled, thanks to my awesome husband. My best friend Danielle is visiting this week, so I’m hoping her designer eye will assist me in making the room come together. I don’t really do a “nursery,” but I want things to be situated.
I’m so thankful for God’s provision for us during this crazy time. With twins it feels like there’s twice as much to do, but half the time to do it (since you end up getting so huge and immobile by the end). I had really hoped and prayed that all the “big things” would be accomplished by 28 weeks. I am so in awe of this prayer being answered.
I’m still feeling pretty good, all things considered. I’m 26 weeks, but at the doctor last week I measured to 32 weeks! YIKES! I also need to sleep every day. The afternoons are my sacred time to rest. Orison has gotten really good at giving that time to me by spending time on his bed with books or music, and then sometimes, say, 3 out of 5 days, falling asleep! The afternoons used to be my blogging time. So, you can deduce why things have been so quiet here.
Sometimes I can’t even believe this is happening. Even though I’m 26 weeks into it, I still can’t believe it. It’s usually a good sense of disbelief (like the pinch-me kind), but sometimes it’s an overwhelmed, scared disbelief. Our life is about to get really nuts!
Thank you all for praying for this pregnancy. I appreciate your love and prayers so much. I’m really hoping to get a picture or two up here this week so you can see what’s been going on!